One of the biggest offenders of back pain is the weight our bodies bear. Being overweight can greatly increase your back pain. Most physicians or specialists will recommend dieting and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. There are fruits that are specifically used to help burn fat. In fact, many of these fruits are filled with natural healing components.
At American Spine, we are committed to getting our your life back. Equipped with the best treatments for pain and spine care, our medical staff is able to communicate the most beneficial information to our patients.
The following list explains the top five most valuable fruits for burning fat:
- Avocados. This smooth green fruit is loaded with Omega 9 fatty acids (also found in olive oil and macadamia nuts). Avocados help boost metabolism and transform fat into energy.
- Coconuts. The medium chain triglycerides (MCFAs) found in coconuts help increase the rate of metabolism in the liver to 30 percent. Coconuts also help keep us full, so foodies are less likely to snack throughout the day. Coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut flour, and shredded coconut are all goo substitutes for other foods.
- Lemons. Detoxes the liver and their acidic base helps speed up metabolism. Lemons help alkalize bodily fluids and tissues. The liver is an important organ for digesting food and burning fat, and lemons help improve its health.
- Grapefruit. A Johns Hopkins University study found that eating grapefruit helped one woman lose 20 pounds during a 13-week period.
- Tomatoes. Help stimulate amino acid production and are filled with vitamin C and phytochemical lycopene. The amino acids helps burn fat and speeds up the body’s capacity to do so by one-third.
There are a number of health benefits other than weight loss that come with supplementing these fruits into your diet. Avocados are proven to help prevent heart disease, coconuts can help prevent cancer, and grapefruits help improve the liver.
Research suggests that people with higher Body Mass Indices (BMIs) are more likely to develop low back pain. If you already suffer from chronic pain or have a back condition, revising your diet and implementing these fruits could greatly improve your treatment. Contact an American Spine specialist today for more information.
At American Spine, we are dedicated to treating chronic pain and spine conditions. Offering the latest in minimally invasive spine surgery and other effective treatment options, American Spine is the leading pain physician group of California. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (951)-734-PAIN (7246)
The advice and information contained in this article is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to replace or counter a physician’s advice or judgment. Please always consult your physician before taking any advice learned here or in any other educational medical material.